Cargill Releases Newest Report on Shopper Insights and Revolutionary Well being and Vitamin Merchandise at FIC 2023
The twenty sixth Meals Components China is held on the Nationwide Shanghai Conference and Exhibition Middle from March 15 to 17. Below the theme Unlocking Nature’s Potential, Constructing a More healthy Future, Cargill, taking part for the fifteenth time, is just not solely showcasing numerous modern meals and options targeted on well being and vitamin, however can be publishing its newest proprietary examine TrendTracker overlaying Asia and the world. Dedicated to serving as a connector, Cargill offers Chinese language customers and clients with business insights and traits, serving to clients preserve a aggressive edge within the ever-changing meals market.
With forward-thinking market insights and a deep understanding of its clients, Cargill presents greater than 40 merchandise and options from its starches, sweeteners and texturizers, in addition to cocoa and chocolate companies. These merchandise and options align with client traits highlighted within the Cargills TrendTracker 2023 examine, with a powerful concentrate on well being and vitamin, and indulgence, reflecting Cargills’ complete options and new options improvements. Product highlights at this 12 months’s FIC embrace:
- Oligo-FiberTM extension chicory root fiber — That is the primary time ever that Cargill has unveiled Oliggo-FiberTM extension model and Oliggo-FibreTM extension chicory root fiber merchandise in China. A prebiotic, Oliggo-FiberTM extension chicory root fiber is wealthy in dietary fiber.
- Portfolio of stevia sweeteners – pure Truvia model steviol glycoside, compound steviol glycoside sweeteners Unistevia. The merchandise are of pure origin and extracted from stevia leaf with non-GMO undertaking verified and are good for oral well being.
- Epicor postbiotic — Backed by greater than 75 years of expertise, Postbiotic EpiCor is an ingredient ensuing from a specialised anaerobic fermentation course of. Eight human scientific trials and 7 preclinical research have demonstrated that the postbiotic EpiCor can beneficially modulate the intestine microbiota.
- RadipureTM extension pea protein — makes use of non-genetically modified (non-GMO) peas of Canadian origin, with wonderful digestibility and balanced amino acid profile.
- Cocoa and chocolate – together with Gerkens DL68 cocoa powder and Ghana liqueur GHA24. Gerkens DL68 is a tasty gentle alkalized cocoa powder made with fastidiously chosen cocoa beans from Asia and West Africa, with excessive colorability and lengthy lasting chocolaty style. The excellence of Ghanaian Origin Cocoa Liqueur is made doable by the cautious number of single origin cocoa beans and the additional enhancement of flavors throughout a totally managed roasting course of, which leads to a wealthy and long-lasting chocolaty style on your creations confectionery.
Well being turns into a brand new meals key phrase within the post-epidemic period
Along with the Cargills product exhibit sales space, the Cargills 2023 TrendTracker report launched throughout the FIC is one other spotlight. Based mostly on the examine derived from the evaluation of assorted market analysis experiences, there will likely be elevated purchases of well being and wellness meals, in addition to a concentrate on meals security, comfort and a rise in e-commerce. Cargill’s 2023 TrendTracker report shares its proprietary view of macro traits globally and in APAC. The report highlights 4 key macrotrends:
- Wholesome for me. As we speak’s client is adopting a extra holistic, proactive and preventative method to well being. A holistic method considers not solely bodily well being but additionally psychological and emotional well-being. There appears to be a rising tolerance and even appreciation for meals science, experience and know-how. Moreover, an increasing number of customers are looking for out historically indulgent meals and drinks with a more healthy twist.
- attempt it. Customers place a excessive stage of significance on experiences. They wish to take management of their weight loss plan, having fun with the merchandise they love with out feeling responsible or ashamed. With regards to foods and drinks, style is at stake, however the expertise could be enhanced in lots of inventive methods as customers worth shock and pleasure.
- Acutely aware consumption. Customers right this moment search to maximise worth when searching for meals and drinks. Moreover, many customers see their purchases as a mirrored image of their values and wish to make selections that assist the atmosphere and different social causes they care about, and anticipate transparency from manufacturers to assist them accomplish that.
- Simplify my life. With customers staying nearer to dwelling lately, they’re searching for sooner, simpler methods to supply, put together and clear up meals. Omnichannel buying has accelerated lately and there’s no turning again as customers have gained a greater understanding of how know-how could make their every day actions extra handy.
Because the Plan of Well being China 2030 was printed and carried out in 2016, Well being China has grow to be a nationwide technique. Additionally, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, customers are paying rather more consideration to vitamin and well being than earlier than, and their desire for wholesome meals has considerably improved, which matches the findings of the Cargills TrendTracker 2023 report.
Based mostly on a deep understanding of client preferences and enterprise alternatives, Cargill is domestically primarily based and globally oriented. Combining broad world capabilities with deep regional experience, Cargill offers its meals and beverage clients with the newest know-how, analysis outcomes, danger administration and best-in-class options, and repeatedly develops personalized portfolios to assist clients succeed within the native market.
Innovation is one other key think about realizing clients’ imaginative and prescient. Cargill’s native market groups are a supply of inspiration, co-creation and innovation that assist purchasers unlock the longer term with pace and agility. With unmatched meals options by their facet, Cargill permits clients to remain forward of the competitors and regulatory atmosphere right this moment and tomorrow. Cargill has two Innovation Facilities in Shanghai and Beijing to advertise innovation round new merchandise, new flavors and new menus within the areas of meals components, animal proteins, and so forth. Along with China, Cargill additionally has Innovation Facilities in Singapore and India to assist purchasers’ development ambitions throughout the APAC area.
The capabilities and innovation we’re bringing to FIC will assist clients higher meet the wants of customers within the Chinese language market, stated Ming Peng, managing director of Cargill Meals Components for North Asia and Australia. With a presence within the Chinese language marketplace for greater than 50 years, Cargill has labored arduous to share the expertise gained in our world practices with the Chinese language market. Trying to the longer term, Cargill will proceed to play the position of connector within the meals business, leveraging our broad product portfolio, manufacturing and innovation capabilities, and world data to assist our clients develop wholesome, scrumptious, modern and sustainable merchandise that meet altering client traits. We wish to stay not solely the premier meals ingredient provider our clients belief, but additionally their most popular accomplice for innovation and development.